KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Dag Avango is a researcher, PhD in History of Technology specializing in industrial heritage research, at KTH. His research primarily deals with the relationship between resource utilization and geopolitics in the Polar Regions, and its effects on environments and societies. A particular focus is on industrial heritage and how it can contribute to sustainable development in post-industrial communities. Avango is a member of the Executive Committee of REXSAC and leads Research Task 7: Material legacies as resources for sustainable futures: Tourism, infrastructures, heritage.
- Book chapters: The Politics of Arctic Resources
- Gradmålingsstasjonen i Sorgfjorden: en kulturhistorisk dokumentasjon
- Book chapter: Heritage, Conservation, and the Geopolitics of Svalbard: Writing the History of Arctic Environments
- Book chapter: Opp og ned i 100 år: Sveagruva 1917-2017
- New Handbook featuring REXSAC researchers Nuttall and Avango
- REXSAC researchers contribute to new book, "Competing Arctic Futures"
- Heritage and change in the Arctic
- Industrial heritage sites in polar regions: Sources of historical information
- Att konstruera naturresurser: industriella framtidsvisioner om Svalbard 1870-1930